RAAus Planes Written Off at Avalon

Guest Cloudsuck

Guest Maj Millard

I'm currently insured but will help out if I can. It'll take a week or so as I'm heading bush first thing in the morning in the Lightwing. Will get back to you then........024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Tie downs

Having walked around Avalon I can say that I saw more than one aircraft, no doubt someone's joy, tied down with plastic tent pegs and bootlace lines.

A good 12-18" of star picket with 8mm boating line and a two pound mash mallet is what I have found the best to secure my aircraft with over the years. All on a 45 degree angle to the aircraft and the ground. That combo has allowed me to sleep well in the motel when the wind is wiping around the eves.

I have never had my aircraft move yet when I have used the above combo. :thumb_up:

Guest Cloudsuck
Having walked around Avalon I can say that I saw more than one aircraft, no doubt someone's joy, tied down with plastic tent pegs and bootlace lines.A good 12-18" of star picket with 8mm boating line and a two pound mash mallet is what I have found the best to secure my aircraft with over the years. All on a 45 degree angle to the aircraft and the ground. That combo has allowed me to sleep well in the motel when the wind is wiping around the eves.

I have never had my aircraft move yet when I have used the above combo. :thumb_up:

Nice advice,

the aircraft damaged were all tied down. The Foxbat was tied down with 6 x four foot star pickets. The Savanah was tied down from both wings, nose wheel and tail. If you look at the photos, you will see they are still tied down all be it upside down. The force was so great that it tore the tie-down points out of the wing on the Savanah.