I'm getting there.

G'day,

A while ago you may have remembered me from my thread "Newbie from Adelaide". I just want to share with you my progress in my recreational training in the Sportstar at Aldinga. I managed to go solo yesterday and pulled off three pretty good circuits. I was nervous but not as much as I was the first time I went solo back at Parafield a few years ago but it still got the heart racing.

I'm pretty chuffed that I've got to go solo after only 7 hours (plus my 20 odd hours from previous training) and look forward to the next stage of training until I gain my recreational license, where I'll be ecstatic!!!

So there's my little spill, and I still enjoy reading everyone else's experiences, keep it going.

Cheers

Michael.

On-ya mate.... I'm getting a bit of nervs now, knowing it's pretty close to going solo....:big_grin:

Keep it up, and Have Fun......:thumb_up:

Congrats. :-) It is a great feeling isn't it! Soon there are the navs, I really enjoy them, being in the plane for an hour or so without an instructor, something different to circuits.

I soloed just over 12 months ago and only just managed to put the video on facebook tonight! The one day I took the video camera, missus and youngest daughter to the airfield is the day I got to do the solo. Great timing. :-)

What days do you fly? I am there either Saturday or Sunday afternoons, usually between 1 and 3.

Congrats. :-) It is a great feeling isn't it! Soon there are the navs, I really enjoy them, being in the plane for an hour or so without an instructor, something different to circuits.I soloed just over 12 months ago and only just managed to put the video on facebook tonight! The one day I took the video camera, missus and youngest daughter to the airfield is the day I got to do the solo. Great timing. :-)

What days do you fly? I am there either Saturday or Sunday afternoons, usually between 1 and 3.

I'm down there every second Monday at the moment as that's my rostered day off and the kids are at school. Plus not usually many others flying on Monday which makes it more enjoyable in the circuit area. When I finally do get my license, I'll probably start flying on weekends.

I have a friend who flys down there and I catch up with him occasionally, usually on the weekends so we might bump into each other.