Guest tromac

Guest tromac

Hi everyone,

I've just joined up after a phone conversation with Ian in regards to an order through Clear Prop. He told me about this site and here I am. Firstly I have to say in all my years of dealing with people I am extremely impressed with Ian who phoned to make some recommendations in my order which actually saves me money. Not many people would do that.

Okay a quick introduction from me...

I'm a 37 year old male who lives near Maitland, NSW. I work at the State Debt Recovery Office having left a career in the NSW Police (that's a long story.. well not so long and it's at Hurt On Duty with the NSW Police Force). I also do photography part time which I love, I would rather be doing this full time.

As a child I have always been fascinated with aircraft and flight, I joined the Air Training Corps at 13 years. During my time in cadets I had an opportunity to fly behind the controls of a Cessna 152 twice. In high school I just didn't have the focus to stick with physics or chemistry so I never persued a career as a pilot, just let it sit in the back of my head.

Having just had my 37th birthday I decided to stop saying it's too late to get into flying and go out and start working towards a PPL. Tomorrow I'm booked in for a trial flight and plan on flying once a fortnight if the wife will allow.

Ummmm I think that sums it up.

Cheers,

Troy

Good one troy and welcome.

Its never too late as far as i can tell.

Im just getting started at 32, but i feel better equipped to do it now than i would have been at 18, because i know how much focus it takes to get the most out of what you love..

Good luck with all the studies, and make sure your wife never sees the invoices particularly once you start doing the Nav's!:thumb_up:

Cheers

Guest tromac
What sort of aircraft are you training in Troy?

Flew today in the Cessna 172 and next week will be in the same. I've put too much weight on after the cops so it's a bit more comfortable in the 172 than squeezing in a 152 :-)

G'day Troy... and a big 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the forums...

Mate I've just read through your story on your website, and I'm glad your still here to start afresh with what you enjoy doing...:thumb_up: what you went through is a pretty serious thing for ones life... I'm just glad you managed to get this far...011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

Hope you enjoy your flying,

Have Fun:thumb_up: