lapsed PPL

Splitty

Hi Guys newly retired guy here in beautiful Hervey Bay here looking too Buy /build/ assemble/ a suitable lightie for some flying fun...........Im 6'3" / 100 kgs so have probs with lots of A/C would like feed back from guys on suitable aircraft..Great Club & great site guys..........

Thanks Splitty

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the forums Splitty:thumb_up:

I'm sure there will be someone with some good knowledge to help you out on some recommendations...

Have Fun,

Tomo:big_grin:

Yeah that's right...

What sort of style are you looking for? Tail/Conventional wheel, Open/Closed cockpit, Fast/Slow, Touring/Just for Fun?

Drifters are good Fun...:thumb_up:

Yeah prefer cabin type Fun /Cruiser I see plenty on the Net here But I really have too phisically try them I think see if im comfortable in them mate, Wide Bay Airshow comming up so will go have a Squizz there Ta.

Guest drizzt1978

Im 6 2 and hang around 88kg (pure muscle...ahhh maybe not...)

I fly a Jab 170. My instructor is a bit bigger than me maybe 6/3 and closer to 100kg....he allways looks a bit squashed, and prefers the leg room of the 160, The dash is slightly different.

I find the LSA to be a bit tight for me!!!

Thats Jabs covered!!

Jab

Hi Drizz Mmmmm 88kgs pure mucle eh? sounds interesting..LOL yeah I gotta try fitting my big butt in one of those mate..!! Im on a diet right now to lose this huge nose cowel here!! Then I'll see if I can fold my big legs away in one..!!! LOL Thanls for that mate!

Cheers John

Hi there.

Im 6'2 and 100 ks, and i fly the Tecnam Super echo and it has great performance even when one of my instructors who is also around the same dimensions jumps in.

Im also impressed with it's overall performance and if i had the cash would be my ideal runabout as it will land and take off on a dime has a cruise of 100kts and is comfortable enough for a plane of its size..Ive forgotten what its called, but the next size up from the echo even though it is only 30 ks heavier sits much better in any thermal activity, and around the circuit etc when an extra bit of stability and weight come in handy.

Enjoy:thumb_up: