I am new here

Metzenes

I am new here. Looks like a great site. I am training in a Jabiru J160 and have bought a complete home built Teenie Two with no engine. I have half a volkswagon engine but am leaning towards a Rotax 912 or may be a Jabiru 2200.

Guest Pioneer200

JULIET ROMEO WHISKEY Nice wee plane ah!!!

I passed my advanced cert in it last year and continue to fly it now

Hi Grant, Brent here ,you will find these forums lots of fun and very addictive, lots of info on lots of aviation stuff!!

Might be a VW

Hi Brent. I agree the JULIET ROMEO WHISKEY is a fine plane to fly. I changed m mind about engines and am looking at an VWaero from Great Planes or an aero v. I will still continue to fly JULIET ROMEO WHISKEY even when I get my plane off the ground. My plane is a single seater.

Guest Pioneer200

What stage of the training are you up to now?

What engine did the teenie two have in it before you bought it?

I am going up in the Jabby tommorrow(taking mother in law for a fly) weather permitting.

I see you went up earlier in the week.

Did it start ok in the cold for you, I have heard it needs choke left on while taxiing till things warm up?

Keep the choke on

You have to keep the choke on right up till preflight checks. After it has warmed up you do your 2000RPM check. At this stage you can drop off the choke. Be a bit careful when coming in to land. You might want not to go below 1200RPM. I haven't had the engine stop but it just about cut out once on the first landing. I always keep a hand on the throttle when coming in to land but it helps to keep an eye on the REV counter whenever you decrease throttle.

Guest Pioneer200

I have had the prop stop on touch down about 3 times since new engine installed.

I think Keith needs to adjust the idle up a bit.

Me and David are looking at organising a fly away when the Pioneer is back in the air.

Would you be keen to come?

Possible route AS - Wanaka - AS ,or AS - Oamaru - Omarama - AS

Talk soon