Zenair 701 Rotax 912UL

Hi, my name is michael carrette. My son Mark and I fly a Zenair 701 out of a private strip near Babinda (far north Queensland)

Just replaced the bungy in the nosewheel suspension. What an effort. All the time we felt that a compression spring around the strut would be so much easier.

Next task, replacing a trigger coil that has gone open circuit. Back in the air soon we hope.

Mike C

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Michael, Think I met you some time back maybe at Franks place. I just had to replace a trigger also, which can be a fiddly job depending on installation. Generally they will want to sell you the set (4) which is expensive, but if you only need the one, tell them it is the TACH one, as they are all the same. Then you can get just the one you need.

Replacing mine didn't solve the problem, although it did need to be replaced, as it was dead also. (open circut) Currently replacing the stator to hopefully get back to normal. Don't forget to set the correct air gap on your trigger. Cheers Ross.

701 triggers

Yes, thanks for that Ross. I knew the trick about ordering the TACHO trigger because it is the second time I have lost a trigger. However, if I lose any more, it might have been cheaper to get the four! The recent loss is far more accessible I'm glad to say.

If anyone is faced with the need to replace the front wheel bungy on a Zenair 701, I have had some experience of that too, and there are a few tricks to it.

Mike C

Guest Maj Millard

Yes you can dissassemble those triggers and there is just not a lot to them so I don't know why they fail....the magic of magnetism............................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif