Just Landed

Hi All,

I just finished my Aerochute conversion traning last week (from GFPT 8 years ago), passed my test and exam, so all good to this point in time.

I got myself an Aerochute, I'm just waiting on getting a couple things fixed up for the level 2, and the rego, then I should be right to take to the sky's around the Yarra Valley soon.

I went for an Aerochute because I liked the concept and the transportability, plus it was one of few options within my immediate budget. Flying the Aerochute for my training has been good fun, its great to be just dangling in the air so peacefully.

I usedto fly GA warriors at Coldstream, however this became too pricey past the $200/hr mark.

I endeavor to get back into a Jabiru which they now have at YCEM.

Hope to hear more about Aerochute or PPC info/technical/stories/problems etc.

Cheers.

Guest dilojem

Hi Cherry

Wow... what a different concept!!

I started learning GA in a Tomahawk at Jandakot in WA but like you the cost of over $200/hr made it much less attractive than Ultralights. I recently obtained my pilots certificate in Mar and nav endorsement in early May... and I am flying in the Jabi's and love them. So good luck with getting back into them!

Cheers

Diana

Hi Diana,

Hey, tell me what was involved doing your nav endorsment? I previously did 3 Nav's in the Warriors including into Moorabin which was GAAP, but all the controlled airspace stuff was a bit more involved. Did you have to do any of this, or just normal flight planning, MET and navigation?

And how many Nav's/hours did this take?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Cherry

Great stuff, and the Yarra Valley is a great place to fly.

I'd give the Jabs a go, lots of fun and with your GA experience you'd pick it up pretty quickly.

I'm flying the J160's out of YLIL, so I'll watch out for your 'chute

Guest dilojem
Hey, tell me what was involved doing your nav endorsment? I previously did 3 Nav's in the Warriors including into Moorabin which was GAAP, but all the controlled airspace stuff was a bit more involved. Did you have to do any of this, or just normal flight planning, MET and navigation?

Hi Steve,

I only did my Nav's in the ultralight and no controlled airspace stuff - thank goodness, however... that said my nav test involved flying into Gawler Airport and that is on the edge of Edinburgh restricted and danger airspace so it was all about navigating thru that which scared the life out of me!!!! But I passed and managed to cope. Lesson about checking out NOTAMs of course and understanding them AND remembering to take ERSA with me. I do remember my GA learning days and listening to all the tower calls etc... in some ways it's easier to be 'told' what to do, but I do love the freedom of the class G airspace and the "see and be seen" making us very responsible under VFR. 041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

And how many Nav's/hours did this take?

Whilst getting my hours up for passenger endorsement I also spent time flying around with my maps and getting nav exercise as well. I can't remember exactly but it happened a lot quicker than getting my licence originally!!! I know I needed 10 hours solo before I could get passenger endorsement and then a number of hours (less than 20) for the navs...I've left log book at MB, so could tell you exactly next week if that helps.

Diana