The Wifes First Time!

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

I knew the heading would grab you all! Well, this was Emma's first time up in an ultralight with me at the controls. Grandma was in attendance so the opportunity was definately there folks! Taxying along to the end of RWY 18 at The Oaks we then conducted an engine run-up. Lining up on the RWY and a final radio call before full throttle. Airborn about half way down the 800 or so m strip at The Oaks. Perfect climb out (if I might say so myself);), join the circuit and give a call departing a circuit to the North. We head directly over Silverdale and Wallacia townships before joining up with with Luddenham Rd and tracking directly North to our place at St Marys. Pass a clump of about 15 helium balloons at about 2,000ft.A few orbits overhead our place at 2,500ft then Emma is saying "Ok enough now, can we head back?. We then set course back to The Oaks with Emma saying "What's this do, what's that do, is that normal", etc etc. Got to love that! Give a call at 10m then finally on 5 mile final for RWY 18 back at The Oaks. Emma thinks the landing happens all too quickly! We are greeted by The Oaks Clan, Grandma and our daughter and son. Another safe, enjoyable flight in the Jabiru even if the temp was 30 degrees below what it has been the last few days in Sydney. Quite an achievement for Emma. Well done!!Many blue skies ahead!

Taxying back

Emma and I

Our daughter Jessika running to greet us

Let's get Emma out before she changes her mind on this whole world of ultralight flight!

And now for one with Grandma (my mum that is) beaming at the fact that we returned.

I must point out that mud on the tail plane assembly!

All in all, another fantastic day out at The Oaks. Pictures here were compliments of my good mate Bob Bell who owns the wonderful Air Sea Rail Road web site which you can access via the link below. Enjoy!

http://www.airsearailroad.com/index.htm

Guest David C

Well the heading certainly grabbed me Darren;) .... I have to say a million and one different scenarios passed through my " grubby " head in an instant !! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif .. A lovely report though , and I was privileged as were both Marilyn and your Mum to witness such a historical moment . Blue skies ahead indeed !!!! .

Dave

Guest Fred Bear

I knew you would think something along those lines Dave! Ha ha ha:laugh: Historical moment indeed. Hopefully many more to come.

smiley32.gifWay to go Emma ;)0.gifI hope you and Darren share many hours together in the air and I agree with Gerry the kids will be next Wally my CFI took my two grandchildren up and thet loved it, the joy on their face was fantastic.

Fly often and fly safe and most of all enjoy.

Don

Guest Fred Bear

We do Gerry, we do indeed need more wives in the sky! Yes, i do think the kids will be next bosster seat and all! Just need to wait for them to get a little bigger! Don, I know the look of joy on their faces you are talking about. I get the same look every time I fly:)

Guest David C

All we need to do now Darren is get the ladies to get their pilot certs , followed by their passenger endorsements , and when they take us up for a fly we could have a " My Husbands First Time " thread hey !! ......What are the chances ? ....;);)

I'm not sure weather Marilyn has been or just returned how there is a great look of satisfaction on her face I hape it a joyful satisfaction.

Good on ya Marilyn I only wish my darling wife was able to enjoy flying as much as I do Oh well maybe some day.

Don

Guest David C

Don ,

Thanks Don for your sentiments ... The picture was taken before our flight together . We were airborne for about an hour , did a few circuits first just to make sure that she was comfortable and then a short flight over the house to make sure it was still there ..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif and a short flight back to The Oaks , landing on r/w 18 . Marilyn has flown many times as a passenger in lots of types including helos , seaplanes and even hot air balloons to name a few but I'd like to think that this one was THE BEST !! .

Keep smiling

Dave

That's it the family that flies together stays together.

It would appear that Marilyn is a seasoned flier good to see and I bet that that trip in the jab was definitely No 1

Don

Guest Fred Bear

Nice pic Dave! Saved it on my hard drive too.:) 1817 has been around that's for sure! Now here's to getting Dons wife up there and many more flights with ours!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif