Life Insurance

Guest basscheffers

I am with Zurich. Got a quote online and disclosed I was flying. They phoned me to ask how much and I said 50-100 hours a year. Then I got a confirmation letter to indicate I did disclose that information, shortly followed by the policy documents with no premium adjustments or exclusions.

Guest Walter Buschor

Life Insurance?

Why would you bother. I don't know why I would take out Insurance for my death.

When I'm dead I'm dead. no amount of money will change that. We lie very still and smell!

As for the ones left behind super should look after them.

may I suggest you spend the money to go flying instead.

Guest basscheffers

That all depends on your age and needs; I can assure you my $20K in super or so wouldn't last long for my wife and toddler twins!

Having at least some life insurance made things a whole lot easier on my mum when my father died when I was 13. Can you imagine dealing with your partner dying and having to worry about how you are going to make ends meet?

Different needs for different people at different stages of their lives...

That all depends on your age and needs; I can assure you my $20K in super or so wouldn't last long for my wife and toddler twins!Different needs for different people at different stages of their lives...

x2. I'm 35. Not everybody flying is a grey nomad.

Life insurance is deductible in your super fund and can be paid from your super policy. Makes sense in a lot of situations since it will leave your family with more cash than if you didn't have it and it's not coming from your disposable income.