FlightGear Free Flight Simulator

Guest Brett Campany

Guest Brett Campany

I found this on a site that previously required you to pay for a membership.... makes it far from free!!

So I've done some "Googling" and found a few links. I'm currently downloading this free flight sim for Mac but there's also links to the Windows version as well.

Download it, check it out and put a review up!

FlightGear Flight Simulator

Contents

Guest Brett Campany

Righto, I've just had a play around with this and for a basic, free flight sim, it's pretty good!! Go through the help menu to get the required keys for use but just go flying!

Enjoy!

I've been a FlightGear user for a few years now and I love it...mainly because Linux is my OS of choice (but it is available for Windows or Mac as well). It is open source, free, and tries to be as realistic as possible. So even though it might be a little rough around the edges, and the scenery is a bit basic (because they use freely available terrain data), bear in mind it is put together by volunteers and anyone can contribute to the development.

The whole "open source software" movement is somewhat similar to RAAus (and Recreational Flying of course) in that it is all about community, sharing ideas and helping each other, rather than being something to try and extract as much money as possible from the user.

Peter