Fledgling Flyer (Heads Sets)

Guest studentbiggles

Guest studentbiggles

HI Guys,

Need some advice for heads sets for student pilots, have looked at "Flightcom Classic ANR", would like to hear what you experienced pilots think, would like to have my own before I start my lessons.

Cheers Studentbiggles.

Fly Safe in Wonderful Blue Skys. ( I going to in the very near future)keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Have never used that one. I use a dick clark and love it. I do recommend the mike be on the bendy thing rather than the stiff boom (technichal terms I know...). makes life a bit easier for you.

Enjoy your flying.

Cheers,

Shags

You can buy a basic head set like the ones at clear Prop and then upgrade to ANR later - Headsets Inc, these are supposed to technically be the best ANR by a long shot. These kits replace the speakers and add the ANR feature to the head set you have. Im assuming they will fit this model. I have 2 sets in David Clark 13.4's and they are brilliant

Also have a look on ebay especially in the US, very cheap headsets often hardly used

JR

I have a brand new headset with gel foam and passive noise reduction which is still unused.

Unfortunately my flying school insisted that I use their own so I have yet to try it inside a cockpit environment.

My point is to check with your school first before buying as they may prefer that you use their own.

BTW, if anyone is interested, my Pilot Avionics 12.8 headset is for sale (as new) !

Hi Biggles

As a student myself, I've just purchased an Altronic C9073 (the bendy one). Have only had one hours use but found it quite good so far, slightly more comfortable and quieter than the very very used David Clarke flying school set I've been using. Given my instructor uses a C9070, I figured the Altronic would be more than adequate whilst training.

Down the track I might get an ANR and keep the Altronic as a passenger/spare. But for now, I'll put the extra investment into my flight training. Good luck finding the right set for you. Keep us posted on what you decide.

Nev