anyone else close to the BAK at the moment

Hey there everyone, I just found this forum today and I am very happy that I did.

I have been learning to fly for about 8 months now and have done 20.2 hours and of that 3 hours solo. I would love to fly more often but the school is very busy and only allows 1 hour or just over per week and its hard while paying off a mortgage.

The reason I am posting is I am getting very close to sitting my BAK exam for GA and I was wondering if there was anyone else around who cared to have a chat about it. Ideally a few people getting together would be fantastic but I know what would be very rare.

The flying school I am with doesnt have a theory program but we have good briefs before and after each flight. It would just be handy to chat to some people about the BAK before I attempt it.

Guest Qwerty

Hi

Your school sounds strange only allowing you to train for 1 hr per week. Strange also that there is no assistance available to study for your BAK exam. I think I would be looking for a new training facility.

About the BAK, there are some good study books about and they are easy to find. good luck with your studies.

HiYour school sounds strange only allowing you to train for 1 hr per week. Strange also that there is no assistance available to study for your BAK exam. I think I would be looking for a new training facility.

About the BAK, there are some good study books about and they are easy to find. good luck with your studies.

hey there qwerty

The school offers plenty of support but what i meant was there are no classes for a group of people to study. And as for the flying times it suits me perfectly as i can only allow myself about 3 hours a week of free time. I love the school the people and everything is fantastic and suits me to a T.

I checked around with alot of schools before I chose this one.

I have the Aviation Theory Centre BAK and FTM and they are good but a study group would be fantastic for me as I find it hard to retain information just from reading,

but thankyou for your comments:thumb_up:

Guest Brett Campany

Jay I had a few issues with the Aviation Theory Centre books and ended up getting the Bob Tait BAK. Personally I think it's written better and easier to understand than the ATC BAK.

Jay I had a few issues with the Aviation Theory Centre books and ended up getting the Bob Tait BAK. Personally I think it's written better and easier to understand than the ATC BAK.

Cheers for that Brett

I thought i read that yesterday but i wasnt sure. I will have to look into acquiring some of those books for myself.

Guest mike_perth

Jay

Congrats on the pass, but if your wanting to study up I highly recomend the Bob Tait books 0 I know Min likes the ATC books but if you read the Bob Tait PPL book and the ATC books they both contain the same information just the Bob Tait are written for people more like me (i.e. Layman that understands explinations written in common language) so if I were you I would have a look at both and read a few paragraphs to see which you like

Mike

cheers mike it feels good to have it done and about 6 weeks away from starting nav's

My problem is i dont retain information from books very well. I might see if i can track down some bob tait books and have a read. as it might be the same problem as with the Aviation Theory Centre books.

but cheers for the advice

Guest mike_perth

Jay

Ive got the Bob Tait BAK book and am currently borrowing the PPL book so I can get my PPL exam out of the way - My navs start in 2 weeks and my instructor thinks it better to have the thoery out of the way early in my Nav training.

If you want to borrow the BAK Im happy to lend it to you for a bit send me a PM if you want.

Mike