ERC Low in WA..

Gibbo

Just outside of Geraldton is a set of blue rings marked A->G with no other notation. It's the only markings of this type on any of the maps Australia wide.

I'm heading in that direction in the next month and my proposed flight path will take me almost directly over the top. Anybody able to clear the air for me before I make a mess of myself on the receiving end of a guided missile?

Gibbo

Restricted Area No 131 A-G

From ERSA ...

R131A SFC - UNL H24 Australian Space Office Canberra LASER RADIATION - OCULAR HAZARD

R131B 5000 - UNL H24 Australian Space Office Canberra LASER RADIATION - OCULAR HAZARD

R131C 10000 - UNL H24 Australian Space Office Canberra LASER RADIATION - OCULAR HAZARD

R131D FL150 - UNL H24 Australian Space Office Canberra LASER RADIATION - OCULAR HAZARD

R131E FL250 - UNL H24 Australian Space Office Canberra LASER RADIATION - OCULAR HAZARD

R131F FL350 - UNL H24 Australian Space Office Canberra LASER RADIATION - OCULAR HAZARD

R131G FL450 - UNL H24 Australian Space Office Canberra LASER RADIATION - OCULAR HAZARD

Note: Contact tracking station (08) 99291011 for entry details - (08) 99271760 if above unattended

The ERC-H4 chart for the area will give you the clue.

JayKay

• 2 weeks later...

The location is known as Yarragadee. The old property buildings are about 2nm to the SE of the laser site on the Mingenew to Mullewa road. The site is on the SE edge of a higher plateau of yellow sandy country, and difficult to spot. There are not many distinguishing features near there - other than the buildings to the SE. The safest way to transit the area is at cropspraying height because the laser spreads out with height.

happy days,