DiBlasi folding motorbike

Have any of you readers had experience with the Di Blasi folding motorbikes in planes? I am looking at getting one for the obvious benefits they can provide. (anyone got one for sale?)

Guest watto

Hi Q, I have also investigated this bike and have had no luck finding anyone in Australia who supplies them, have you?

They seem to be a pretty good thing and are very popular in europe even as work transport due to parking issues.

I also asked around and could get no local info on compliance for rego etc, so if you find anything out please let me know.

Hi, They were advertised for $2990.00 plus gst in the trader by a company called scooterqld. When I wanted to buy one, they advised of a `currency surcharge` of around $220.00 stating they like to be totally `transparent` with all costs? I decided not to buy one from there yet until the `currency surcharge` was removed. I have since had a reply that the `surcharge` is now $94.00.

i personally think there insanely ugly but at the same time I think there a fantastic idea. chuck it in the back of the plane and you have the ultimate transport. I would like to see some australian company try and make one and improve its looks a little bit

Guest watto

I just got an email back from them and as of next shipment there will be no currency surcharge.

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your mail. We are a company based on the Gold coast and we are the only distributors of the bikes in Australia.

There are two choices for the Di Blasi R7: The R7 and The R7 ES. The ES is the stainless steel version.

The Basic model comes with a price of

$2,990 plus GST and the R7 ES comes with a price of $3,590 plus GST.

The bags that we have come with two options:

The first is the standard Di Blasi Bag and this carry’s a price of $199 plus GST

In addition to this you have option to purchase the Hand Made extra durable bag which is made from waterproof webbed material and has a price of $399 plus GST.

The Racks come with a price of $179.99 plus GST.

If you are local to our offices on the Gold Coast you are more than welcome to visit and see the bikes in order to see if they are suitable for you.

Until recently we have had to charge a surcharge as a result of the poor currency markets, however we are now in a position to remove this as of the next delivery we receive.

I trust this meets with your approval. If you would like to place an order for your Di Blasi R7 please email confirmation by stating how many you would like to purchase and supplying your date of birth, driving license number, model and colour required. The colours available are: Black Red and Blue.

If you have any further questions regarding the Di Blasi range of products please feel free to contact me on the numbers below.

Yours Sincerely

Rick Thorn

Guest watto

Yes, I would love to get a pair for myself and my wife, you cannot ride them on freeways of course but still as you say it gets you from the strip to town in most places.

I should have the bike this week. The only foreseeable problem is registering it for the first time. That involves me taking it to regency pk for an inspection..Oh well, its been a while since my last visit to YPPF.