KDR's

Wondering if anyone can help???

I'm going for my flying test for my PPL this week, my instructor hands me my KDR report and says I can find the information I need on the CASA site '' Day VFR Syllabus" can anyone work out the syllabus reference numbers???

I think I'm better off sticking to the old faithfull Bob Tait PPL Book....:confused:

Hiya Buttsy,

The ATO will test you on your knowledge deficiencies orrally as part of the test. Your instructor has given you a heads up on what you should be studying prior..Here is the bit straight off the CASA website that Decca has so kindly posted for you...good luck and happy flying. :)

"1.7. The Aeronautical Knowledge Syllabus

The Aeronautical knowledge Syllabus (Section 3) specifies the knowledge required for each of the flying

qualifications. It is recommended that students undertake a course of ground training with a reputable ground

training organisation to ensure that they have adequate knowledge to safely conduct flying operations. CASA

sets the written examinations for PPLA and CPLA, based on the syllabus, to check that a candidate has the

required knowledge. Knowledge deficiencies identified in written examinations are retested orally as part of the

flight test. The knowledge deficiency report (KDR) assessment may be completed by a flight-training

organisation, and certified by the Chief Flying Instructor (CFI) prior to the flight test. Alternatively, an Approved

Testing Officer (ATO) may assess the KDR during the flight test. The examinations required at each stage of

training are summarised in this section Subsection 2."