Watts Bridge Vintage Fly-In Aug 29 & 30

Mick

The Queensland Vintage Aircraft Group are hosting their annual "Festival of Flight" at Watts Bridge this weekend August 29 & 30.

For more info go to http://www.qvag.org.au/ then click on "Festival of Flight"

Anyone else planning on going?

I went last year for the day on Saturday, a good turn out of interesting aircraft.

I am flying the Skylark down for the day on Sunday, plan to arrive 7.30-8.00am.

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mazda,

Last year when I went on the Saturday I got there reasonably early and aircraft arrived in a steady stream through the morning. Then in the later part of the afternoon it got a bit busy with quite a few day trippers leaving.

I would expect that Sunday morning could also be a bit busy with more day trippers arriving and no doubt the re will be plenty leaving not much after lunch.

Mick

Took a run out on Saturday, bit concerned about the wx, with low cloud hanging around but it burnt off around 10 and the crowds arrived en masse. Temp kept right on rising and by early afternoon I was looking for the shade under wings.

I was a bit short on time so photos are mostly happy snaps to record the day - I see some people managed to get to the otherside of the runway which was up sun during the morning, something to remember for next time.

A thoroughly enjoyable day and a good turnout I thought. I've posted a few photos on the following link; AvCom • View topic - Seen in Australia

Thanks Tomo, that Stinson was pretty special all around, I don't think I have ever seen so much legroom in the rear of a light aircraft before, it was like a limo.

I was most impressed with the event, low key so you could wonder around more or less at will, but with all the traffic there was always something interesting to watch on the runway anyway. Now the debate, should I or shouldn't I saddle up the company car for the long haul down to Cowra - love to attend, but it's a loooong way to go for a weekend, for a flightless (for the moment) bird like me!

Now the debate, should I or shouldn't I saddle up the company car for the long haul down to Cowra - love to attend, but it's a loooong way to go for a weekend, for a flightless (for the moment) bird like me!

Yes, I know what you mean! I was trying to convince myself to flying down, but It would have worked a small fortune after I hired an aircraft etc...

You at the Gold coast eh? car pool? maybe? Also would depend if I'm allowed to go away though!

Yes, I know what you mean! I was trying to convince myself to flying down, but It would have worked a small fortune after I hired an aircraft etc... You at the Gold coast eh? car pool? maybe? Also would depend if I'm allowed to go away though!

Hi Tomo,

That might well be an idea, I'll PM you contact details and we can discuss further.

Cheers Carl