Just Landed

Guest Aeropoet

Guest Aeropoet

Hi this is the first time I've ever posted anything ..... But I was invited to post in the "Just Landed" section when I joined the site. I joined because I wanted to advertise an engine. It is however interesting to read what all you guys talk about. In fact I find it quite refreshing to see such enthusiasum and joy that aviation gives you all. I wish that it still did that to me. At the moment I have given up flying ( I lot would be saying "He's mad why would anyone do that" Well after 33 years of flying commercially all over the world from ag aircraft to 4 engined airliners, I've had enough. I many flew twins ( Aerocommander 500s and C-404) on geophysical survey flights and the last 12 years that has mainly been in Africa. It used to pay well but now the aircraft seem to be getting smaller and the pay packets are as well. There are also a lot of safety issues when one is operating outside of Aust. and operating inside Aust. well it's not to be believed, everytime I fly here again, they (CASA) have changed the rules. I'm still in aviation though but now I work for a University fitting equipment into aircraft to do atmospheric research. Anyway that's a bit about me Cheers and enjoy your Recreational Flying..... Doing it for fun rather that trying to make a living out of it sounds a whole lot better.

G'day and Welcome along Aeropoet... great to have you here...:thumb_up:

Sounds like you'd be pretty full of experiences then?! It's called a Recreational forum, but it's full of all kinds of aviation people... from pilot dreamers, to the big stuff. An awesome place to come and talk all things aviation...:big_grin:

You'd have a few tricks of the trade up your sleeve, so don't be afraid to say what you reckon, and or, ask questions about something...

If you ever get the chance, you should jump in and have a spin at a Recreational aircraft, but I do warn you, they do tend to have an addiction causing problem! Even if you're sick of flying... it's just a lot of fun to be in something small, and something you really do have to fly!;)

Anyway, safe working/flying