Savannah VG....I'm impressed !!

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

jcamp, I hear what you are saying, but I can only see it strengthing the wing a bit really. Obviously one shouldn't do it without the factorys' blessings.

Maj,

Regarding the wrinkled lower wing skins. ICP have upgraded the kit since Ian's first kit and now include stiffeners running along the whole of the bottom skin.

It has made a huge difference to the oil canning and the appearance from the cabin.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

Mark

• 8 months later...
Fellas, Fellas, Fellas,This started as a nice tribute to the wonderful little Savvy and has instead become a tribute to galvanic action.

The Savannah is safe, robust, fun to fly, easy to build, cheap to build and fly and dare I say very good looking. Repeat good looking. I think so anyway.

Loved your report Maj and totally agree the seats are our Achilles Heel.

Mark

Does anyone know whether the seats in the XL are an improved version over the older Savannahs?

• 11 months later...

About to re-aquaint myself with my partially completed XL after about 6 mnths layoff. I am now fully retired & hope to get stuck in. As for the seats, I have them unpacked so what should I look for to ascertain the answer to your question? I can send pic. if that helps!

• 4 weeks later...

The only potential problem I can see is that the "TEST" button only tests the light bulb.

It does not test the float switch. I'm not sure if this situation can be improved somehow (namely, how do you do a pre-flight check on a float switch?).

Potentially (due to a faulty 'sender unit'/float switch) in a critical situation, the fuel could completely run out but still not show up with a red light on the dashboard. Keep looking at the sightglass gauges 039_private_eyes.gif.ee730e198261239d6248af84b953d95f.gif.