Has anybody fitted the new Microair M760 Rev Q comm in their aircraft

Guest racingr33@yahoo.com.au

Yes fitted one checks OK so far but plane is not flying yet. The rev-Q is little different to the rev-P in fact if you want less to go wrong and lower current consumption the P is better. You should read the threads about 12 back on same subject; getting hard data on problems and the truth behind them is difficult. I see this every day in my job - typically a radio comes in with misleading or no fault description attached then it tests perfect on the lab bench for half an hour and there you go - another NFF (no fault found) these types of faults properly take upwards of a month to sort out, I can see why a seller having an interest in keeping warranty costs low and having no certainty over how the equipment was installed might simply return the item as repaired. A company's reputation is not only won or lost by quality of product, but how problems are dealt with if they arise.

I would not fit any rev. of either brand in my own plane, if that helps answer your question.

Ralph

As above read the threads 12 or so back for track record of either of the local brands, you'll have to read between the lines or pm people direct for some of the reasons.

Of course you cant buy a local Xcom any more and if you check the current ACS pricing you'd have to conclude the previously unknown Flightline 760 is worth considering. I think you have an ACS dealer there and they could also be available in the shop.

The problem facing all of us in choosing a radio (or engine, for that matter) is the low number of units operating in the field from which to form an opinion. The only other guidance you have is the specifications and what level of certification it purports to meet.

The only 2" round hole radio you can buy with a good record is the Becker, but then you have the price to consider.

Ralph

We have an xcom in our training plane, i am told first one failed because of bad batch but new one is 2 or 3 years old and works well. Intercom is great and Brisbane radar always hears us, i have only been flying the plane for 6 months but it is very good radio.

I have a Microair rev P in my Funk, It has perfomed perfectly for 2 years now and the built in I/C also works well. I have a friend who fitted a Xcom to an RV and had endless trouble with noise and interference and lots of hassles with warranty.

Give me Microair any day. davemac ;)