Kannad XS3 Testing

Thx1137

I got my XS3 yesterday (Thanks Ian :-)), had a read of the instructions then had a bit of a fiddle, wanting to make sure I knew the device because I don't think I want to pull out the instructions if I ever have to deploy it!

A question for confirmation for those of you who already had one. I read that pressing the Test button causes the 121.5 homing to be activated so testing should be done between x o'clock and 5 past. I wanted to make sure that is correct for Australia before I pressed any buttons! I can't seem to find any info about this on the net.

I read that in a different vendors PLB that extending the aerial activated the device. I nearly had a heart attack sitting here thinking "did I start it up!?" but no, the light didn't come on and there was no mention of that in the XS3 manual and no rescue services banging down my door at home last night. :-) I can't believe how nervous the thing makes me re false activation!

Perfect, thanks Dexter. (I thought I already posted this!)

I ran a test. I don't like the pass/fail indicators much either. It seems to me that my unit has issued a set of fail blinks so I will have to do it again with a watch with a second hand in front of me!

recieved my unit on thursday. i kept it in the box until yesterday and opened it with all my other birthday goodies. heavier than what i imagined. like the colour. i'll fill out the paperwork and send it off. don't see a real need to push the test button just yet.

Ozzie

thanks, just some good quality hand tools. was rather looking forward to doing a skydive or two to also celebrate 34years in the sport. but the weather has been crap not even the tigers flying on saturday. sounds likeanother week of it as well.

Ozzie