Caribou send off ..............

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Don't know if anyone's interested but on the 7th Nov at the RAAF base Townsville there is an open day static display to send off the old Caribous. It's a walk-in type thing, but you have to register prior for security reasons. At 7pm that night there is a huge 'hangar bash' party with the RAAF band in the background, at only $20 a head it promises to be a 'don't miss' event.

They have thier own web site @...'38Sqn Caribou end of an era send off'....just search.

Gee I wonder if they'll let a Maj in ??................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

I think they were originally at Richmond after Viet Nam, then possibly Amberly or Oakey. Been based in Townsville now for a few years, but they turn up just about anywhere, and I have encountered them a lot during cross-countrys, when you think your on your lonesome, and an old Caribou comes along !! .......Soon as they retire them of course, we'll no doubt have some natural disaster where they would have been invaluable again.......I would imagine they may also have retirement bashes at other places also, but I haven't heard any details...............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif