Hi everyone, a quick question..

Guest Scott_C

Guest Scott_C

Hi all, Im currently studying the theory for the GFPT (haven't started flying lessons yet). This forum looks like it will be a great resource in my learning.

I have a question if I may; I noticed that some of the flying clubs have a 'day away' where they fly to another airstrip. I was wondering if a student can tag along? Im happy to pay my way, I figure it would be a great learning experience, plus the chance to soak up the knowledge of experienced pilots.

Thanks,

Scott.

Guest Brett Campany

G'day Scott, welcome along mate. You'll find heaps of helpful info while training for your license here so feel free to ask any questions you have.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to fly along with someone on one of these days. Talk to the schools and see who's keen to take you along. I'm sure many pilots will be more than happy to go halves in hire with you!

I know I would!

Hi Scott and welcome. Good luck with your study. I see you train at Warnervale. I dont know if their club do many flyouts, but one of the RA=Aus instuctors there, Paul Crowfoot belongs to the Cessnock club and they go all over the place. For example, they frequently fly up to Old bar for breakfast, or Scone. Ten club members from Cessnock flew to the Gulf of Carpentaria last year. I went with them in my Jabiru. Say Good day to Paul. He is an ex-airline pilot and now he's an ultralight instructor.

Cazza

Guest Scott_C

Hi Cazza, thanks, thats a great suggestion.

The Central Coast Aero Club are actually having a flyout next Saturday to Temora. If i can get a seat perhaps Ill see you there?

Cheers,

Scott.