Hello from the East Kimberley

Bikky

Student pilot here.

After having a fear of flying for most of my life, the need to hop into various aircraft as a passenger got me thinking that this is the way to go!

A TIF in a J170 at Tooradin and I was thoroughly convinced. Definitely the best fun you can have with your clothes on!

I drive 9000 kms every summer holiday to Victoria and back and needless to say, I'm thoroughly sick of driving.

My plan is to finish my training at Tooradin (just started circuits), buy a J230 and fly instead.

Faster, safer and a WHOLE lot more fun than driving!

We have a 1200 meter airstrip here (Louisa Downs cattle station) and it makes my heart ache every time I see it.

It has been 10 months since I was last airborne although looking at conditions here today, I'm pretty happy to be down here.

If anyone in the East Kimberley is ever looking for a flight companion, drop me a line please!

Cheers to you all,

Bikky

Welcome Bikky and good luck with your training. I have a J160 and over the past two years I have flown from Temora in NSW to the Gulf of Carpentaria, Ayres Rock, Kangaroo Island, Byron Bay, Broken Hill, Mildura and so on. Love this country and love flying my jab.

Cazza