Gidday all ..

Guest skyhawk1

Guest skyhawk1

Gidday, My name is Steve Dixon. 56 years old, Ex-Navy, Ex-Air Force. Flown Gliders in the past, mostly at RANAS Nowra but have been inactive for many years (married). Looking at getting airborne again - if I can afford it (divorced).

If not then I can just keep dreaming or meeet a nice lady who owns a plane (or wants to buy me one).

My ultimate dream is to tour Australia by air - properly. Fly, look, land, camp then do it all next day or stay a while until the "need" to move hits and then fly on to the next place. No plan, no timetable, no pressure, no risks (cloud cover more than 10% - stay!049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif Wind over 10kts - stay!031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif).

I have the time, I have the inclination, I'm answerable to nobody --- in fact I'm ready to go except for having enough money to buy my aircraft....051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Skyhawk 1, Sounds like a good opportunity to enhance your life. Our monthly magazine always has some good buys in it. And there is a user aircraft link on this forum. The Savannah VGs are a good buy, and there have been some nice ones on the market with low hours and 912 Rotaxs in them. Lot of people are stepping up to the new XL Savannah, which is the same except for longer and wider cabin for the big guys. They get along real good, carry a lot, and you can land them just about anywhere. There is also a Savannah link on this site. Cheers.

Guest skyhawk1

Thanks for that fella's (?).

Unfortunately I am not in a buying position right now (divorced).

I suppose I could be classed as "Self Loading Ballast" -- sigh!025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Speed will not get you into that superb camping spot in remote Australia, but a Savannah will !.......................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Speed will not get you into that superb camping spot in remote Australia, but a Savannah will !.......................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Knew I'd get you going there Maj!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Ah, It's lucky were flying buddies Tomo...........................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Have you had any decent rain down there yet ?

Guest Brett Campany

G'day Steve, good to have another ex-pusser on board!

The weather's getting better so best you get in the air soon mate!

Guest Brett Campany
Gidday Brett, Do I know you? I was an SE ... '69-'81. 27th Intake JRTE. Were you FAA?

Unfortunately when I joined the Navy was no longer a full time career, you couldn't yell at anyone without getting boned in afterwards, there was no more sorting out differences in the f'ward rope store and they let women on submarines......how dare they!

Moran Div. GE167.

But I still stand tall and proud on the 25th or April as the sun rises from the east. Aint nothing going to change that.

Gidday Brett, Do I know you? I was an SE ... '69-'81. 27th Intake JRTE. Were you FAA?

Hi Skyhawk. I am on the Sunshine Coast as well (lovely place), do you have your Pilot Certificate? And when were you in the RAAF, what mustering etc?