November Mag

hihosland

Guest Maj Millard

Hiso, Out the back of Townsville we have a powerline (big one) that is strung right across a whole valley. The only indications that it is there are a tower on each side 2-3 Kls apart, up a hill. The lines themselves have to be at least 1500ft above the floor of the valley, no balls or anything, with a span of 2-3 kls. Fortunatly it is a bit of a remote valley off the usual paths, but still it could seriously ruin your day if you don't 'look up' in those parts !!....................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Yes they've been there 20 years or so now, i've never heard of anyone hitting them. Maybe I should go over and see if there is any wreckage lying under them and confirm that height. Maybe I'll get some photos while I'm at it.............................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Don't worry I won't be within 500 mts of them, as i know they can arc............and now that I think of it a lot of ag pilots spend their days going under powerlines, so asking them to look up probabily isn't out of line...........024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif