Dream fullfilled!

Guest Jack60

Hi to all, my story so far; as I race toward my half century, I finally made the step to fullfilling a lifelong dream of flying. Like many mid lifers, I began lessons pre marriage,mortgage and kids in the early 80's,- well you know the rest. A drive out to my nearest strip one day saw me chatting to a friendly and encouraging CFI who had me in the left seat of the clubs Foxbat in no time. Some 20 hrs of intense lessons later, I was alone in the same aircraft performing my 1st solo. I now have 12 hrs PIC and am working toward my passenger and cross country endorsments. To all those out there who are wondering and wavering; as the saying goes- just do it! Find a way,; beg, borrow (never steal!) You 'll never regret it. I feel like a have a new lease on life and the thrill of the flight remains with me for days before I need to feed the urge once again. Safe flying to all,

Regards, David S

The Oaks

Welcome Jack, you tell a very similar story to my own. One good thing about having to wait to gratify my desire to fly is that I probably appreciate it more now than I did in my twenties.

Must say I like the look of the Foxbat and would like to have a go at one sometime. Hope your time here is a productive and enjoyable one.

Regards Carl

Welcome

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Jack,

Congrats on finally realising your dream :)

I realised the dream this year and also managed to convince my Husband to learn to fly as well.

Enjoy the addiction :thumb_up:

Fly Safe

Bec

Thanks Carl, The Foxbat is an exciting a/c to fly, my previous experience being in a GA Robin 30 yrs ago. Bit like a helicopter with wings! If you're ever in Sydney send a msg and I'm sure we could arrange a spin in the Foxbat.

Safe flying

David

Thanks also Bec, I wish I could convince my wife how fun and safe flying is, unfortunately she needs a box of horse traquilisers just to get her on a RPT flight!, but I'm not giving up yet.

David