YWBE - Werribee/ALA

Hi all,

Firstly, let me wish all on the site the very best for 2010 and may there always be fair winds under your wings.

I am planning a flight in my Foxbat from Queensland to Victoria during the last few weeks of May or the first few weeks of June 2010, and will be staying for about 10days.

My Daughter and her husband live in Williams Landing [Laverton] which is fairly adjacent to Werribee and I noticed on my flight planner that there is a field located at S37 51.21 E144 37.20 -- however there is no acknowledgement of any such field in the ERSA, nor can I find any details on the web.

I was wondering if someone may have some information regarding this field that I can add to my flight plan details.

It appears that it is at 141' AMSL and has two strips one being 10/28 at 800M long and the cross strip at 01/19 at 300M long and both are grass and both are approximately 20>30 M wide, if anyone can supply me with any info regarding this location and in particular some contact 'phone numbers I would be very grateful.

Yours in safe aviation.

Pete-the-Pilot.:rotary:

I found this on the Northam Aero Club site (it's from 2005, so not sure how current it is though):

Werribee ALA (you'll find it on the Melbourne VTC) is a 2600 ft grass strip owned by Noel Evans, a farmer with a love of flying and a warm sense of hospitality. We decided to find out about it after studying the 23 pages of AIC Supplement you had to digest if you wanted to land at Avalon, and I'm glad we did. It's a delightful little airfield, and only a couple of miles from Mansion Hotel, where we were staying. It's also pretty close to Melbourne and there's a shuttle bus service from Werribee to the city. Noel's phone number is 03 9742 4227 and you use the airfield at your own risk. I'm sure he and his wife, Fay, would welcome any Northam Aero Club members passing through. There's no fuel at Werribee (no landing fee, either),

Hi Pete, Has this proposed adventure been cleared with the Director of Domestic Services, The War Dept and She who must be obeyed???babe.gif.538cdeac3b1a1b72d121d00509ec140e.gif

Yes mate, and it wasn't all that hard really.

Our daughter is due to give birth to grandchild number 3 during that period, so I said the 'Minister for War' that she may like to fly down for the birth -- oh! yes she said very quickly - then suddenly she realized that I meant in the Foxbat --- so that decision was referred to the 3rd umpire who reversed the earlier decision and then she suggested that she would go with the Flying kangaroo and I could go with the Flying Foxbat.

Mission accomplished no bloodshed, no yelling, no screaming and both the combatants had a win.

Northam Aero Club site[/url] (it's from 2005, so not sure how current it is though):

Thanks Graeme,

Very useful info and thanks for the very quick reply, I will try to ring Noel and see if the 'warm sense of hospitality' still lingers on, I am hoping that I will be able to tie down the 'Foxy Lady' at his strip whilst I visit my daughter/son-in-law and new grandchild, I plan to stay in Melbourne for 3 days and then return to Queensland.

Best regards, Pete.