What we need here

:Rogue:General Aviation Caucus convenes in Washington

A group of senators from both parties met in Washington for the first meeting of the new General Aviation Caucus. The two-dozen-member caucus plans to ensure Congress listens to the concerns of general aviation. "Our small airports are the lifeblood of what we do," said Sen. Mike Johanns, R-Neb. Omaha World-Herald (Neb.)/The Associated Press (1/30) clear1x1.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gif

And we also need...

Thanks for reporting that Phil - it would be a good start here in Ozz to getting aviation onto a solid footing, but the pessimist in me says we will never see that happen - not in my lifetime anyway.

We also need to separate the rule makers from the rule enforcers, this is not a new call as the argument has been around since Pontius was a pilot.

CASA currently does both jobs and until we have an independent body that makes the rules for aviation and also have another body that polices those rules - perhaps CASA since they are so experienced at the task; we are stuck with the current state of affairs that is aviation under CASA. CASA will never obtain respect within the aviation community of this country until that happens and I don't believe they (CASA) will hand over either job without a big fight.

Our politicians getting together to discuss the problems of Recreational and General aviation (just as they are in the US) would be a great start. I won't hold my breath waiting however!

Our politicians getting together to discuss the problems of Recreational and General aviation (just as they are in the US) would be a great start. I won't hold my breath waiting however!

On the other hand, there's nothing stopping us writing to members with small aerodromes in their patch about the problems we face.

Heck, we could form the Aircraft Noise party with a policy platform of _increasing_ aircraft noise in non-suburban areas :)