Anyone else having withdrawals????

So with two weeks of no flying and counting (and it was two weeks before that since I have flown) just wondering if anyone else is having the same kind of withdrawals as I'm having.

I wake up everyday and look at the sky hoping for blue, but it just won't come.

Our dams are full, we can stop the rain for one weekend surely...

Guest Sharp End

Yep... done a bit of maintenance on the old girl but YCAB is very soggy so no flying for two weeks either! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

You're kidding. The aircraft are going to be rented solid for ages. I'm going to have to do some circuits before taking passengers up.

I leave for japan on the 12th April. I really want to get a flight in before then

Hi Shags, im booked in for saturday coming, i hope it will, be Ok. I just looked at the airfield from the comfort of my arm chair.(boonah gliding club). The web cam looks straight towards our hangar.The grass looks wet, very long and their is some muddy looking car tracks.Not good. The door is open though, but no planes in sight.

If you had a Savvy, you could do a STOL take off on the little bit of bitumen at YCAB Mark!!

Hope it dries out asap for you.

On the subject of withdrawals... of course I get them, pretty much the day after I've gone flying... 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

What's the saying... "Seven days without flying... makes one weak!" ;)

Guest Sharp End
If you had a Savvy, you could do a STOL take off on the little bit of bitumen at YCAB Mark!!Hope it dries out asap for you.

On the subject of withdrawals... of course I get them, pretty much the day after I've gone flying... 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

What's the saying... "Seven days without flying... makes one weak!" ;)

Ha, ha! The mighty "big block" AT115 gets airborne on the Rwy12 bitumen no problem... as long as you're solo and have no more than 45 minutes worth of fuel! It's getting there that's the problem when it this wet, puddles everywhere. However, as Shags has said, it's blue skies today, let's hope the BOM's wrong and it stays dry!!! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Guest Cloudsuck
Blue skies!!!!

Yes a lovely day today Shags. I dropped in a flight plan and took off from Boonah. Got a clearance through Amberley and over the nearly full Wyvenhoe and Summerset Dams. I got pushed down to about 700 ft AGL due to cloud and fog at one stage but the lovely military ACT girl gave me a clearance to operate not above 2500 so that was ok.

On into YCAB where I landed on 30. The runways were perfectly serviceable. Went home via YGAS.

I have a month holidays and since starting, it hasn't stopped raining till today. Forecast for the next week looks grim 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

DSCN0050.thumb.jpg.f0262c55d61ceec6e51411aded464df5.jpg

Bloody good to see the dams like that.

I am going to go up around kilcoy hopefully next weekend and check out the dams around there.

Let's hope the rain stays away.