What can I take into an exam?

I was working through some practice exams for my rapidly approaching cross-country exam tonight, and I noticed that it said "Reference Material - None" on the front, and then proceeded to ask questions that couldn't be answered without extra material. For example, how are you going to work out EOD & LMT questions without the AIP tables, and planning questions without maps?

What reference material are you allowed to use, or is everything necessary provided?

p.s. are there any other sources of practice exams apart from those that come with text books?

The RAA exam I assume your talking about.

I believe your allowed you wizzwheel, compass, or protractor and rulers etc... planning stuff.

They supply the necessary maps etc for the questions they ask you.

As for AIP, I'm not sure, I never needed it myself.

Hope that helps, best to check with your assessor though.

Yep. The RAA one. Ok, I'll assume that if you're asked to do a 'latest departure time' calc then you'll be supplied with the EOD graphs and LMT tables. I'd ask the assessor, except that the next time I see him will be exam day! :)

Most kind! 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Well, by the time I'm back on line again, I'll know whether I needed it or not. I'm a lot more settled and confident than I was earlier in the week - maybe it's got to the point where there's nothing more I can do now to make it better, so I might as well relax... 070_sleep.gif.1c8d367a0c12958f2106584470af404d.gif