Back into flying!! Yeah!

jwatts

Yes, a J230 but with 4 seats, hence my exclusion clause. :big_grin:And of course, you have a PPL (or better) for a VH registered J430. :thumb_up:

Just exhibiting my fear of building an aeroplane I'd have to fly in. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Not much confidence in my ability to assemble a fault-free aircraft.

There are some photographs of a J230 being built at the factory at There and Back

Not a J430 but close enough.

And a J400 here Lamb Family Site

Good luck with it and we'd all love to follow your progress.

Thanks BlackRod for those links. I will be spending several hours, I see, looking at Lamb's build. He has spent a lot of time doing his website.

I've spent all my life being a mechanic and general engineer so I'm confident in building a J430. An RV10 is my dream, but finances will let me down so a cheaper J430 will have to do!

I'm a low time PPL last flown in '99. Living in Coober Pedy and having family on Kangaroo Island and Melbourne has only encouraged me to get back into flying. ...and I can't justify hiring an expensive aircraft. I have many flying years ahead of me so building one (I have time to do that) is certainly the best option.

I'll keep you posted on when I order my kit!

Regards, Jayden

Guest Decca

Hi Jayden, welcome to the forums.

It often happens, life presents all kinds of hurdles to interfere with serious recreation. But good to see you've recovered, and now planning to accomodate a family in a J430.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hi Jayden, welcome to the forums.It often happens, life presents all kinds of hurdles to interfere with serious recreation. But good to see you've recovered, and now planning to accomodate a family in a J430.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Thanks Decca,

You're right about the life thing! I have two 5 year olds so must get this plane built quick before they put on too much weight!! (hopefully by then the RV10 will be under construction, hey?)

Cheers, Jayden

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kevin the Penniless

I got back into flying after a ten year break. Flew Warriors and Tobagos but then after 20 odd hours in a Jabiru J160 decided to buy a factory built Jabiru J170. Building your own is okay if you have a great workshop, plenty of tools, time and helpers. Me, I'd rather just pay the money and fly the plane home. Regardless of that, good that you are back into it...

I got back into flying after a ten year break. Flew Warriors and Tobagos but then after 20 odd hours in a Jabiru J160 decided to buy a factory built Jabiru J170. Building your own is okay if you have a great workshop, plenty of tools, time and helpers. Me, I'd rather just pay the money and fly the plane home. Regardless of that, good that you are back into it...

Yeah I can understand what you say Kevin, certainly be a lot quicker too buying factory. However, I'm keen for the challenge of building my own machine. Workshop = good. Tool = good. Time = I'll make it. Helpers = limited. Good help can be hard to come by!

Cheers, Jayden