Perth's Crazy WX

I was In Perth a couple of days ago when the whole place went mad with Thunderstorms..Easily some of the most violent Ive seen..I was doing laps at the local outdoor pool when they evacuated..I thought it was a bit of an over-reaction until i got out and looked behind me to see the lowest, darkest most evil looking cloud I think ive ever seen..

Within minutes the pool was barely visible indoors from 20 meters away and there was hail about 6-8 cm across everywhere.I saw a huge umbrella go straight up and out of sight due to my line of sight, and it did not come down for about 20 seconds only to land smack in the middle of the pool.There were huge windgusts in every direction and the loudest thunder I have ever experienced.

The airports were in chaos..Everybody diverted everywhere and everyone else stuck on the ground..YPPH couldnt get a fix on a designated runway due to the changes in direction, windshear and hail..Crap everywhere and complete madness all over the city.My girlfriends house still has no power after 2 days..

My favorite bit of it all was the report and Jandakot..Someone still managed to have a sense of humor about it all..

SPECI YPPH 220912Z 34022G32KT 1500 +TSRA FEW003 SCT018 BKN048CB 20/20 Q1015 RMK HOLY COW INTER 0920/1212 VRB25G55KT 2000 TSGR BKN020 FEW050CB

keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif