Vortex Generators test

Guest jackjack

Guest jackjack

Ciao Guys!

Finally my first post, after weeks of hard work!

In collaboration with the italian light aviation magazine Aviazione Sportiva, I had the occasion to fly a comparative test on a P92 with a Rotax512.

I flew the first sortie without VGs, then installed them and went in the air again.

I flew some "modal test" to discover stall chracteristics, wing Cl, and spin resistance in both configurations and the results we had are very,very interesting.

Aviazione Sportiva is preparing a transaltion of the article I've written because they already had many requests from magazines abroad.

It's going to be in the April edition!

Look it up!

Jack

Guest Maj Millard

HIJACK !...Welcome to the forum. Your imputs both personal and technical will I'm sure be welcome by forum members. We look foward to having you on board.......Cheers, Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest jackjack

Thanx!

I've joined the forum a couple of months ago, and introduced myself in the "just landed" section, but didn't really have much time to write!

Thanx for the welcome!

Jack

Guest jackjack

Looks like the best %MAC is about 10 on conventional 4 digits profiles...we need to test it on close to laminar or critical profiles...spanwise, it was from root to tips...really don't remember the spacing but the one we tested was a series of counter-rotating VG....

Jack