Just Boarded..

Guest davidh10

Guest davidh10

As I'm already on the ground;-)

I decided to join the web site / forum as it kept turning it up in web searches when researching info for my BAK. Ended up writing about 43 pages of notes derived from many sources. I found the RA-Aus training notes very helpful, but also found many other useful sources of topical information. Probably not so much in one place.

From what I've seen so far this site looks to be good too, plus the interactive aspects. After all the best knowledge comes from experience, and at this early stage in my flying, I have precious little :-)

I came into flying unintentionally. Visited the local Yarrawonga Aerodrome one day with the camera club to take photos. After some careful examination of the construction of an XT-912, plus some discussion of their history and airworthiness with the CFI, I elected to take some aerial photos. It was a great aerial photography platform and I thoroughly enjoyed the flight.

When I arrived home with a cheshire cat grin, My wife just knew I was going to fly. After researching it a bit further, I decided on starting lessons later in the year, but thought my wife had better have a fly too and see if she liked it. After her flight, which she also enjoyed, I said I better have another ride myself. The CFI offered the front seat, and so that was my first lesson.

That was back in October, 2009 and I'm now almost through my Nav endorsement, and have taken my wife, son and his partner for a local flight. My last Nav was in my own XT-912, as an oportunity presented itself to buy a very well looked after pre-loved model.

So I'm really enjoying flying, and my wife is pleased that it keeps me off the computer and out in the fresh air.

Guest Decca

Welcome to our forums, David.

With the XT912 & photography there'll be plenty to keep you busy here.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Guest davidh10
Welcome Aboard David,Hope you enjoy the site

Monty

I looked at a Drifter that flew into Yarrawonga one day. It also looks like it would be great for aerial photography.

I would hope you fly it with your pants on! ;-)

I looked at a Drifter that flew into Yarrawonga one day. It also looks like it would be great for aerial photography.I would hope you fly it with your pants on! ;-)

G'day Dave ,

Yes I do!! That wa a quote from a passenger. I just love it.

Yes they are realy good for photography, I wish I had a better camera but I am generaly having too much fun to take photos.

Monty

I looked at a Drifter that flew into Yarrawonga one day. It also looks like it would be great for aerial photography.

The drifter is fantastic for photography, as is the trike - went for my first XT-912 trike flight the other day... was great fun!

Welcome along also, you'll enjoy this place - though It may get you on the computer a bit more again! ;)

Guest davidh10
G'day Dave ,Yes I do!! That wa a quote from a passenger. I just love it.

Yes they are realy good for photography, I wish I had a better camera but I am generaly having too much fun to take photos.

Monty

I'm working on a mount to be able to attach my camera on the control bar, just outboard of the windscreen. Based on the 2D swivel head of an old camera tripod.

I'm using a Canon G9 camera. It's a high end compact, so takes professional quality pictures (operator permitting ;-) and doesn't cost the earth. At this stage, I've been concentrating on learning to fly, so I've only taken the camera on one flight since the original joy flight. The flight was necessarily short due to an approaching rain front and last light.

Guest davidh10

Thanks for the Warm Welcome

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

In explanation; my day job is in Information Technology (computers) and I've worked in ICT (Information and Communications Technology) for over 30 years, so staying away from computers is only a relative thing ;-)

Great stuff Dave,

Looking forward to seeing some photos when your up and going.

I found a crack in the elevator tube this morning so I am about to sleeve it so I can muster in the morning. I will take my box brownie with me tomorrow and see what I can get.

Monty