Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Airmaster

  • Birthday 01/23/1984

More Information

  • Location
    Gold Coast
  • Country
  1. Hi, I will be flying out of an airport where I'll only need an AVID. However, I've noticed that there are several airports within an hour's flight that have RPT (Regular Passenger Transport). Do I need an ASIC to land at those airports? What if it's an emergency? CASA says (typo is theirs, not mine): "If you plan to frquently fly into a security controlled airport that has RPT services you need to have an ASIC." From: ASICs and AVIDs | Civil Aviation Safety Authority How do they determine "frequently"? Will I get fined if I don't have an ASIC? Thanks!
  2. Hi, I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting an ASIC card, or if I'll be alright with an AVID. Does anyone have a list of the airports that require pilots to have an ASIC card? I know that it's any airport with RPT (Regular Public Transport), but I figure there's a government agency with a list on a website somewhere. Thanks!
  3. I have my PPL (private pilot's license) from Canada. I have about 130 hrs, all in single engine land airplanes. My Canadian medical is current and I also have a radio license. I'm trying to decide if it's better for me to convert to the CASA PPL or the RA-AUS Recreational Pilot Certificate. Part of the problem is that I can't get clear answers on what the process for either conversion option - ie do I need to complete theory exams or a flight test? Do I need an ASIC or an AVID? Has anyone done an overseas conversion to either CASA or RA-Aus? How long ago did you do this conversion and what was the process? Thanks so much!