Bantam aircraft

There was a recent post that I now cannot find asking about Bantam aircraft.

It looks as if the business of Micro Aviation is now being operated by new owners in South Africa with the aircraft now marketed as the Bat Hawk.

The Bat Hawk web site contains several direct quotes from the Bantam site with the addition of "proudly designed and built in South Africa.

As a conventional 3-axis light sport aircraft LSA, the Bat Hawk does not rely on pilot weight shift to affect control. Twin seats are positioned side by side for full dual control and both crew members are well protected from the weather by an aerodynamic fibreglass pod and large wrap-around windshield.

As a conventional 3-axis microlight , the Bantam does not rely on pilot weight shift to effect control. Twin seats are positioned side by side for full dual control and both crew are well protected from the weather by an aerodynamic fibreglass pod and large wrap-around windshield.

Guest Crezzi

I'm not sure what the legal situation is but I thought that the original Micro Aviation business was sold by the estate of Max Clear & was still operating in NZ

Cheers

John