thusterT83 out of control,no ailron responce

flyerme

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, Took this plane to Temora at Easter and had a favourable reaction to it. I have made a 62" x 38 prop for it and tried it and got 80 lbs of thrust....was a bit impatiant as it was not sanded real smooth, and no clear coat. The old 54" prop gave 110lbs of trust. Next step is finish the prop and a line of white paint on the belts (thanks Andys) and see what I get then. And a tacho

Note: small variations in the belts manufacture, and machining of each groove in the pulleys, will more than likely mean that the white line will be all over the shop after a run.

PS.. You prop sounds pretty coarse for a little Kwaka 440, I would have thought somewhere around 28-29" of pitch

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update ,after much work and replacing with very low hr engine(17 original hours) I very happy to say the thruster is back like new, very very awesome to fly...hands off in all fazes of flight. ,turns can be done with just ailerons and elevator or just rudder and elevator or aileron,rudder and elevatotor.. set approach and have no problem pouring a cupper on the way down,smooth hands free flying,,low ans slow..love love love it...

• Winner 1

Hi All, Took this plane to Temora at Easter and had a favourable reaction to it. I have made a 62" x 38 prop for it and tried it and got 80 lbs of thrust....was a bit impatiant as it was not sanded real smooth, and no clear coat. The old 54" prop gave 110lbs of trust. Next step is finish the prop and a line of white paint on the belts (thanks Andys) and see what I get then. And a tacho

hows it going? getting it sorted?