Aircraft Insurance

DrZoos

Hi guys just wanted to post my experience in obtaining AC insurnace for flight taxiing and ground insurance

We approached 5 mobs. Only allianz and QBE responded in 5 days so i can only comment on these two.

Both where dollars from each other, but Allianze had $1050 excess and QBE had $1500 excess

Allianze covers a hell of a lot more. Mainly supplemental type coverage, eg foam costs if on fire, removal of wreckage etc. But Allianz also will air freight all parts, where as QBE will use the most economic method possible in their words.

We also wanted $5M liability as we see the RAAus as not covering enough in the right areas. QBE wanted $1300 and Allianze was $600...

When you read the policies Allianze wins hands down, its not even close. I have used them both before for non aircraft insurance and found both to be good payers on their policies.

Can i also say dont be intimidated by them and think you need a broker to get good terms, we asked for several clauses to be removed and both complied with no hassle and no change to the premium.

Hope this helps someone...

To anyone with QBE i suggest when your due you look at page 6 and 7 of the Allianze policy wording and compare the meerkats