Salutations

Guest Rick

Hello everyone. Nice place you have here.

Mind if I mingle?

Oh.. a little bit about me. Life long aviation enthusiast based in Melbourne.

My interests are Aviation Photography and I'll travel as far as I need to for a good airshow. I also enjoy 1/32 kit modelling, not that it gets much of my attention. I'm pretty much interested in anything aviation. There it is.

Please check out my last lot of photos.

http://www.pbase.com/rickbryan/avalon_2007

Cheers, Rick.

Greetings Friend!

Nice to see another photographer on the board, feel free to use our album found to the right. Post anything you can, ask any Questions you want! Myself and Chainsaw photograph quite abit, along with a few other members on this board!

Enjoy your stay here,

Todd Milton

Guest Glenn

Hi Rick, welcome aboard.

You have some great pics on your site. Please feel free to upload some in our gallery.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Hey thanks fellas!

I'm away in Europe for 3 months from next week but will upload some pics when I return. Temora 2006 would look nice here. pBase will be slowly shut down for me and Zenfolio used for my actual portfolio.

Nice to be amongst aviation people! ;)

Welcome Aboard Rick. Great Photos there. Unfortuantly I didn't get a chance to g to the Airshow this year but I have already made plans to go to the next 1. Maybe we could organise a TAA Weekend?

What camera and Lens do you use? I have a Canon EOS 350D SLR with the standard 18mm-55mm and also a 75mm-300mm lens. I found that the 75-300mm Lens is the best for Shooting at Melbourne International Airport.

Have fun in Europe. Are you going to do a bit of spotting over there? I have heard that Dubai is an Awesome Airport t Spot at.

cheers UCC - I managed to get a couple of days in at Avalon on a Trade Pass which gave me a head start although Sunday morning was the most promising light. Unfortunately we had to cut and run as the great unwashed decided to turn our vantage point into a saloon bar with smoke machine. Public days are 'Gold' from hereafter. ;)

I use a Canon 5D with EOS 300 2.8 and converters. My last shoot at MEL INT was 420mm & 600mm - EXPERIMENT 8P

I'll dig out some shots later this year. 600mm pulls in the aircraft and give it a sense of it's bulk which I kind of like. Full frame images although it's a handful of lens. A Wimberley Head is on the shopping list for sure.

Agh well smart! A fellow Canon fanboy!!!! /me ducks from the flying Nikons. ;)

I'm actually cycling for 3 months in Western Europe so what I take is what I carry on the bike. That leaves the 300 out but I have planned 3 museums Prague, Berlin [Luftwaffenmuseum] & Brussels for some static and detail shots. It will be my second trip to Luftwaffenmuseum and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Apart from that I have a spot pegged out at Amsterdam Schipol Airport which from all accounts and Google Earth is the place to go. Unfortunately 135mm is the largest lens I'm taking so I'm uncertain of my potential for success.

Dubai - Now I'd like to go there! TAX FREE! :D

Down with Nikons :P I am a Canon 300D Man myself, want to go for the 400D when I get back from Japan. Don't have anything special in the way of Lenses, only because they are expensive tools for the Camera. With only a job at coles, and I travel around abit I cannot afford them at the moment!!

Guest Chainsaw

Hey Chops,

Ok my FZ30 is not a DSLR and will never have the same quality (even with its Leica lens). I rely on good ol luck to take some fun shots :)

Guest Chainsaw

Hey at least I have a go.

It's a fun thing to do. It's a great hobby.

As far as photography goes, I'd much rather see a great photo taken by an average camera than a cr** photo taken by a $4,000 camera. It's about the message, recording a special moment.

It's interesting that some prefer not to take a photo if the light or conditions are not perfect. Result? No moment recorded or story told. Thats why Todd and I took photos of the B707 VH-XBA in very ordinary conditions, we recorded history.