Hello to all

Guest Wazza

Guest Wazza

Hi there,wazza introducing myself,really finding this site interesting and fun!

I am a student pilot at YPPF currently close to flying test.At the moment im in a sportstar(cheaper than a 172) and once i've achieved my rec licence with cross country endorsement i will switch back to the 172 for a few navs and have a go at the PPL.To be honest the sporty is way more fun anyway as far as vis and handling goes.

So yes im just a pleb compared to most of you guys and girls out there!!!

My other interests are motorcycling and scuba diving when time and money permit(and wifes permission)

022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif Till next time bye for now.[/b]

Guest Crash Lander

Hi Wazza! Welcome!

You're doing exactly the same thing that I am, only I'm in a Gazelle, and I'm in Geelong.

How far along are you mate?

Guest Wazza

I have two hours solo left which will make ten total.Five of these were in a c172 but count toward the rec. Doing ten solo before the test means the CFI can give me the passenger endorsement at the same time as the flying test saving another flight with him.

I have actually done all the required lessons and solo in the 172 to do the GFPT except for crosswind but due to some financial dramas earlier in the year decided to switch to the sporty and am enjoying it even more!

Flying out of YPPF means i require a class 2 medical even for a rec license and the busy airspace keeps me focused.

Hows the set up in Geelong?

Guest Crash Lander
I have two hours solo left which will make ten total.Five of these were in a c172 but count toward the rec. Doing ten solo before the test means the CFI can give me the passenger endorsement at the same time as the flying test saving another flight with him.I have actually done all the required lessons and solo in the 172 to do the GFPT except for crosswind but due to some financial dramas earlier in the year decided to switch to the sporty and am enjoying it even more!

Flying out of YPPF means i require a class 2 medical even for a rec license and the busy airspace keeps me focused.

Hows the set up in Geelong?

We're very close actually! I have a total of 21 hours at the moment. 8 of those are solo, and we are also holding back my paperwork until I get 2 more hours so I'll get my ticket with the pax endorsement.

The only lesson I am yet to cover is advanced stalls. So the next lesson is advanced stalls, plus a mini practice flight test, then 2 hours solo, 1 of which will be the required 1 hour of solo advanced stall practice, then the actual flight test, then I'm free to learn! I passed my BAK a few weeks ago. Got 80%.

Barwon Heads is a gravel strip 762m long, and also has a grass strip 426m long. A big difference from Parafield I'd imagine, so I don't need a medical.

I only get to fly once a week, and sometimes less, so my hours have taken a while to build up. I've also had a few long breaks in between due to funds. (I'm in the middle of a 4 weeks break now due to funds! LOL!)

I hope to have my ticket by 22nd of next month because my old man is coming for a hliday and wants me to take him up, so that's the goal anyway.

Good luck with your final hours! Let us know when you are legal!