In the game again :-)

OzFlyGuy

Hello everyone,

I'm Ian - another aviator who wishes he had a money tree in the backyard!

TAA - sounds awfully familiar, maybe cos I'm a 'mature' guy - with momentary lapses of silliness. But then again it may have something to do with having a handful of TAA whizzle sticks (drink stirrers for those that don't know) graciously pilferred from the ol' Trans Australia Airlines *sigh*.

So, about me - well just a little ... Started flying in my late teens and got to first solo ... then the money tree snuffed it ... something to do with other lifestyle activities I suspect. Got back to flyin' again in my mid 30's and completed PPL, altho all a bit on and off - but it was fun for 6 yrs. Should mention it was due to a friend I had lost contact with who was flying at the time and who convinced me to go on a trip to King Island. There's only so much one can handle when in the front right hand seat ... I think 'gimme gimme gimme' were the words at the time! Then onto another hiatus ..

Back again for another bash in '04, onto CPL theory - now all done, and currently finishing off the navex's - yay! Then onto an Instructor Rating :)

Types I hear you ask ? Currently in Cessna 182T's - very nice indeed with the Garmin G1000 glass thingamajig .. and a rate to match! But have also done C172, C150 :? (a little bit, too much like a ping pong ball for moi), Piper Warrior, Arrow and Saratoga.

Now training out of GFS at MB - gosh knows I've been everywhere else - tho I do miss the burgers and Sunday roast meals at Berwick. I can even say I started at Tooradin - eons ago, and have a trophy to prove it!

Well that's about it for now - back to some study :roll:

Hello Ian and thanks for being a part of this site. There are some great people here (well all of them are great 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif )

I must confess that I have a few of those sticks so yes I do know what they are, but unfortunately were not obtained from any flights.

Take a look around and check out our photo gallery. You may even wish to upload some of your own. There are a number of other interesting pages too so please check them out from the menu on the left under "Resources"

Any questions please ask.

Guest Crash Lander

Welcome Ian!

As Glenn said, they are all great people here!

::looks over at Chainey to make sure he's still behaving himself!::

Yes! they are all great people! :lol:

You'll find good info, and news here, and there's always someone to have a natter with too!

Don't have any TAA swizzle sticks, but I'm sure I have some ANSETT ones. Got crap loads of ANSETT stuff. Wife used to work for them, Father in Law was National Sales and Marketing Mgr for them etc. I got glasses, serving trays, cutlery sets, cushions, seat protectors, cards, pins, you name it, we just about got it! LOL!

Guest Chainsaw

Crash, have you heard of the Qantas Canal on Qantas Drive at Sydney?

No? Yes? Ask Todd or Chopy about how nice and warm the chemicals are in there.

Me beeehave? Always 8)

He's a mad man, that Chainy! A Mad Man!!

Welcome Ian to TAA. I am the other moderator situated in the Nations Capital (Anyone notice that the Admin and mod team are all, basically, in NSW?), and all I can say is enjoy. Post as much info, stories, photos ad reports as you can, and I think the others have said the rest!

Todd Milton.

Crash, have you heard of the Qantas Canal on Qantas Drive at Sydney?

No? Yes? Ask Todd or Chopy about how nice and warm the chemicals are in there.

Me beeehave? Always 8)

What ever you do, just say Yes to him and smile :lol:

I thought I was having a bath but the my hair started to FALL OUT!!! :shock: :?

Guest Crash Lander
Crash, have you heard of the Qantas Canal on Qantas Drive at Sydney?No? Yes? Ask Todd or Chopy about how nice and warm the chemicals are in there.

Me beeehave? Always 8)

Never heard of it mate!

::reads the advice from Uncle Chop Chop::

Yes Mr Chainsaw Sir ::nodding madly::

:lol: