RAAus Members Market - buyer beware

Guest OzChris

Guest OzChris

Recently I was looking at purchasing an aircraft that was listed in the RAAus magazine. I did all my homework on it, spoke to as many people in the know as possible, and spoke to the guy at length about it. All seemed good - especially the picture and the Condition Report.

When I got there to see it (over 800nm) it was not right. It was not the plane in the picture, as the picture was not recent (the one question I didnt ask!), the condition was no where near the condition that the guy said it was in, not even close, in fact IMO not even airworthy!

The condition report went 'missing', and the aircraft had an extra 100 hours from description.

The message/lesson is - buyer beware...

I know others have said to me that they too have been burnt, so it is happening a LOT!

I think if you are selling a plane - good airmanship would also include being honest about the flying condition of your aircraft.

Stepping down from my high horse.... :lol:

That's awful :evil:

It makes you wonder what motivates people to do such a thing and to have the expectation that they will actually get away with it *gasp*.

Maybe there is also a legal case for 'misrepresentation' as well, since the sale of an item .. any item .. is subject to the Trade Practices Act.

Sue 'em I say .. and get your 800nm of costs back!

Guest OzChris

Yeah, it was a bit annoying. But I learnt from the experience - me no so ignorant now

But still, I expected more from a fellow flyer and all...

Guest OzChris
That's terrible Chris!Did you have a few choice words to the guy over it?

No, I am a nice boy :lol:

I just take it as a good lesson learnt.

I happen to know the forum and the person you are talking about. So does Crash Lander.

I was deleted simply because this board's software is phpbb.

Guest Chainsaw
I was deleted simply because this board's software is phpbb.

Surely not? Really? mmm that's different. Sometimes the variety in human beings and their behaviour is utterly staggering.

phpbb? well, now I've heard everything!

Nothing wrong with aeros.

That's Paul Bennett flying that. I was talking to him on the phone last week, wants some of my photos for his new web site.

Guest Darren Masters

I think I was there 'click click' when you took them. Ha ha :lol: Always seem to be right Glenn? Anyway, as Chris has said. Beware. I don't know if you were referring to me Chris after what I have told you as per our phone call but yes, it has happened to me several times before and it is a waste of time and money searching for aircraft you are told are in great condition only to travel your butt off and find they are a piece of shyte. Has happened one too many times and I wish people would be more honest about it.

Guest Crash Lander

Yes, I know who you're talking about too.

Darren, the person Chris is referring to is not you mate. But you know who he is! ;)

Glenn, I can't believe that mate! Oh, hang on! Yes I can! lol!

djpacro, That's just another example of what is becoming a regular occurrence. You'd be welcome on my forum! We don't care how many forums you're a member of! We don't have much aerobatic talk, and would welcome it. (I won't link direct to the forum here, as this is Glenns home, but he is a member over there too, and you can access it via my sig.)

I prmise I won't say another word about him! lol.

• 10 months later...
Recently I was looking at purchasing an aircraft that was listed in the RAAus magazine. When I got there to see it (over 800nm) it was not right.Thats sucks Oz but how did you get there? Jabi? if so dont expect to be let off without a trip report 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I only moved some posts. It seems some posts in this thread have been lost in cyberspace during the switch to new forum software.

Guest g_i_jack029
lol this topic is nearly 12 months old, don't think chris would remember

He'd either remember it too well or he doesn't want to remember it:wink:

Thanks for the warning Chris, i've been eyeing up some planes in some magazines:biggrin: But i might hold off buying until.......i've got a real job and i'm old enough to fly by myself:wink: