Greetings from a site Newbie

Guest QFA388-Tim

Guest QFA388-Tim

Greetings all,

I am an Adelaidian who is interested in aircraft photography, building model aircraft, collecting 1:400 scale commercial airliners etc.

I am an ADL regular spotter and SYD where I previously lived.

I was told about this site by a good mate today and had to check it out.

Glad I did.

cheers,

Tim

Tim...

welcome to the site mate, feel free to ask any quistain's and don't forget to check out the photo gallery and submit your photos :mrgreen:

Look forward to your postings :)

P.S Can I ask the name of the person who told you about the site?

Once again welcome.........

Guest OzChris

Hi Tim - Welcome...

You've joined in on an awesome site here!

Hope you enjoy your time here - again, welcome :D

Guest QFA388-Tim

Thanks guys,

From what I have seen already I am sure I will enjoy visiting.

My mates name is Ray (I'm not sure what his username is here) and he mentioned the site today while we were at the airport and flicked me the link this evening.

It took me a whole 1 minute of viewing to convince me I had to join.

I have added a couple of shots to the gallery already. There are two of the very late SQ744F but sadly light was starting to get the better of my shots.

Tim

:lol:

Tim, yes this is a very awesome and friendly forum... Glenn has done well over the last 3+ years...

I did some work out of Adelaide airport and like the area... awww the good old days 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Guest QFA388-Tim

Robbo,

ADL is getting better and the new'ish airport sure helps but I wish it would get a broader range of traffic. There are only so many SQ772s you can see in a lifetime.

Tim,

I hope MEL was warmer than ADL. It was windy, overcast, sunny, raining, dry.

Not the best day for spotting but being an old die-hard I just had to get out there to see what was going on in the world. Actually got some relatively good shots too.

Robbo,ADL is getting better and the new'ish airport sure helps but I wish it would get a broader range of traffic. There are only so many SQ772s you can see in a lifetime.

Tim

It has been a few years since I have been back there, Have to get back there one day....

I have a mate who is working for CHC Helicopters are there, I also know another few guys from Jetcraft who are based there flying the metros.

Guest QFA388-Tim
Hi Tim and welcome aboard. Thanks for uploading to the gallery' date=' nice photos[/quote']Thanks Glenn,

I look forward to the journey.

I will put up some of the a/c that come through ADL whenever I can but what I am eagerly waiting for is the rumoured QFA388 sorties in September and October.

Getting pics of bigbird on my home turf will be great.

Guest Glenn

Hey Tim I like the one you just uploaded in the gallery. Looks like a big smiley face. Almost tempted to paint some eyes on it :D

Guest QFA388-Tim

I thought the pilot was wearing a Mickey Mouse hat. How would that go :shock:

That's the nice part about ADL when the freighter is in, it literally is in! from the end of the terminal you can take shots like this and get some great detail.

Guest g_i_jack029

welcome Tim,

glad to have another Aviation enthusiust onboard.

Great forum Glenno got started!!! =D>

Happy Spotting,

Jack

Guest groover
...My mates name is Ray (I'm not sure what his username is here) and he mentioned the site today while we were at the airport and flicked me the link this evening....

Hi Tim, this is Ray. Welcome