Hi there from England

Guest demic158

Guest demic158

Hi. My name is Steve Sunley, and I will be coming to live in WA in Feb09. There is a small flying club where I live at present (Sherburn in Elmet EGCY) and I have had a couple of lessons there. I am waiting til we come to Australia to complete my PPL. Any recommendations of flying schools preferably near Merredin would be appreciated. Looking forward to some good flying weather (always in short supply in UK)

Hi Steve, good to have you join up with us here. You will love Australia and the weather, well not the heat you will encounter.

I don't know of any flying schools, maybe some of the members here can assist you with that.

Once again, welcome aboard :)

Guest OzChris

Hi Steve - welcome to The Aussie Aviator!

Are you moving to Merredin between Perth and Kalgoorlie or Merredin in Perth?

Hopefully its the inner city one...

Jandakot airport is the main GA airport for Perth - there are many good flying schools down there. I cant recommend one sorry...flying schools are a very personal thing. Take a look around down there when you get here - talk to the CFI's and Instructors and take a feel for it. There are a few to chose from HERE. Aeroclub.com also has some listings HERE

I have a friend who is part of the RACWA and loves it...might be worth checking out.

Hope you enjoy your time on TAA here with us all - great to have you join in.

Again, Welcome!

Guest Chainsaw

Gday Steve,

Welcome to TAA. Nice to have you aboard.

You will have to start supporting the Aussie cricket and rugby teams when you get here ;)

Welcome to the Worlds Friendliest Aviation Forum. Just out of interest, how did you find out about our wonderful website?

You will find that we are all very friendly but just watch chainsaw, once he gets some canal water into you, you could end up doing some things you probably wouldn't normally do.... Take it from me, I KNOW :lol:

Guest aviatrix27

G'day Steve, and welcome.

I contacted a friend of mine who used to be a flying instructor in Perth for her advice before responding. Her advice is to have a look at CASA's website, and email them about flying schools near where you will be living. http://www.casa.gov.au. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to offer any further advice.

Good luck, and once again, welcome!

Guest David C
Gday Steve,Welcome to TAA. Nice to have you aboard.

You will have to start supporting the Aussie cricket and rugby teams when you get here ;)

Steve ... Don't fall for that sweet talk mate .. I've been here 21 years now , and I know that England are going to beat those Aussies and reclaim the Ashes at the home of cricket next year and we are relying on your support . Wow , got of track a bit there didn't I ??.... Seriously welcome to the best and friendliest Aviation site this side of Sherburn . You will have a great time here , and make many new friends I'm sure . I'm originally from the Halfpenny Green airfield area , which you may be familiar with . Here's to a long and happy association with TAA .

Dave C

Guest Chainsaw

Careful Dave, you are a very 'wicket' person!!

FIVE-Nil last time I believe?

We are very forgiving here Steve...except for the cricket. lol