Guten tag, mein hairies!

siznaudin

I am zer old fahrt, ya? (iz cherman verd -but don't mention ze vorr, nein?)

Impecunious to the point of not being a pilot, let alone own an aircraft, I could be classed as an aviation groupie.

Especially if it involves hanging around OLD aircraft. And if they have two wings and a big round engine .. YEEHAAAAAA! Hence my focus is on aviation history, old aircraft and old aircraft which are being brought back to life.

Go take a look at this site http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/vintage-aviator , for example.

My first post will be for the history sleuths - a wonderfully evocative photo of a 20's pilot in front of a DH6, powered by the engine type which is being recreated by the wizards from the above site.

I'm looking forward to my involvement with TAA ("The Friendly Way").

Guest OzChris

Heißen Sie willkommen zu TAA siznaudin! Ich werde hoffen, dass Sie Ihre Zeit mit allen von uns Flugwesenmuttern genießen...

Great to have you with us siznaudin - we are all pretty much plane mad around here :]

Welcome to TAAI fixed the link in your post as it ddin't work. I like the layout of that site

Thanks for that Glenn - yes, nice layout, thanks to there being a LOT of $$$$ tied up with that particular enterprise: the reproduction RAF1a engines, I believe cost around Au$200,000 each - I think they're doing a run of five(5) engines for starters. It's a very, very serious capital "B" Business!