Wings Over Illawarra

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

Don't forget this weekend for those interested:

Wings Over IllawarraStart Time: 09:30

Cost: Fly-In Free

Airfield: Wollongong YWOL

On Sunday 22FEB09 Shellharbour City Council, the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society and SAAA Chapter 4 present Wings Over Illawarra, an open day and fly-in, featuring HARS aircraft, including Connie, the PBY Catalina, Neptune bomber, Dakota's as well RAAF Roulette's, classic cars and motorcycles.

Free entry and no landing fees for fly-in aircraft. $5 parking and $5 general entry for drive-in/train-in.

Guest David C

I was there yesterday at the annual WOI held at Illawarra Regional Airport Wollongong . All in all it was a good day , with about 70+ aircraft visiting for the day . The military were well represented with the RAAF sending a C130J , Bae Hawk . The RAN sent a good selection of helos , Squirrels , Sea King , Sea Hawk , Iraqois . The usual collection of ever growing HARS aircraft were present , The Connie as usual gave a spirited display , as did the DC3 and Neptune . A great surprise was the ground running of a Hawker Hunter . It did not fly but left a lasting impression of shear power on many I'm sure . About 50 lighties made it in , on what was not the best of flying days . My old mate Ross from Goulburn made it in his Morgan Airworks Cheetah , a nice example of what is becoming a popular choice for homebuilders .. This event is growing from year to year . An added incentive to visit was the fact that all car parking monies were donated to a very worthwhile cause , the RFS ..

Here are a few snap shots of the day . I hope they capture the occasion

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters

Nice one Dave. Good for those of us that good not make it. I think that you should enter the shot of the Roulette inflight into the photo of the month comp mate. Very worthy! Well done.