Just went flying

Just had a lesson in a VH Gazelle at Mackay Airport...I wish they would get a Ra-Aus rego aircraft...they charge $200/hour for instruction in the Gazelle.

Have 2 days of so I phoned FlyCQ in Emerald and was going to ride out there to begin lessons in their Thruster but they were booked out...so went for a fly in the Gazelle and will wait eagerly until I can get out to Emerald.

Guest Michael Coates

Emerald is a good school, $200 per hours seems steep for a 20 year old aircraft ??

"I remember" now that is showing my age....

Emerald is a good school, $200 per hours seems steep for a 20 year old aircraft ?? "I remember" now that is showing my age....

Especially one with a cowl full of rust...Lol

Before the flight I said to my instructor "It is a shame you don't have a Ra-Aus rego aircraft...I know of half a dozen people who are interested in flying but don't want the expense and other stuff that goes with GA"

He said..."You can't operate a Ra-Aus aircraft out of this airfield".

So...after the flight and as we taxi past the Jabiru that has been in Mackay for a few weeks now...I believe bought by a local...and I notice that it is 24---- Rec. registered...We get out of the aircraft and I say..."I noticed that the Jabiru is Rec. rego...?"

He says "I don't know how he gets away with it"...

Do you think they are playing dumb...like a Kangaroo standing in the middle of the road watching car headlights approaching and shutting its eyes?

They will put themselves out of business...when I enquired about the lesson the first thing they said was..."We have a 120hour commercial course"...

I said I just want a flying lesson...???!!!???

Guest OzChris

Glad you had fun in the Gazelle winsor...I did my RAAus conversion in a Gazelle @$125per hour - loved the aircraft (not a good a/c for cruising, but great fun and very easy to fly)