Mig 29

Guest scott fletcher

Guest scott fletcher

Microsoft co-founder paul allen is the proud owner of his own MIG 29

The jet fighter was in service with the Russian and Ukrainian Air Force before it came to the U.S. for restoration.

The jet is on display at Allen’s Flying Heritage Collection at Paine Field: http://www.flyingheritage.com/.

Flying Heritage Collection has been aware of and supporting this MiG restoration for some years. The completely flyable MiG will most likely be on display at the FHC’s Everett facility only for a short time.

Pride Aircraft imported the first privately owned SU27's into the States from Ukrania about 18 months ago & has since sold both. Does anyone know where they ended up? From what I can gather, Pride are war bird restorers, sales & maintenance & flight training. The SU's were US registered, I'd assume they might have sold within that country, but haven't heard anything about them since Pride sold them.

Cheers,

Willedoo.

Guest scott fletcher

and paul allen has stated if any one ever has a go at microsoft again

he is going to launch aistrikes against them, so look out google. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Yes Scott, now you mention it, I do remember reading about the US getting a couple for aggressor training. I found this reference to the Pride Flankers still on the market in January, so they must have only recently sold.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/01/own-the-coolest-jet-on-your-block/

So I guess they're not the same birds, have heard of the Pride ones being the only civilian registered ones in the US, so I suppose the others are registered to the Air Force.

There seems to be a bit of second hand stuff coming out of the Ukraine lately. They only have Antonov in the new market, all the other former Soviet military aircraft manufacturers have incorporated under the Russian owned United Aircraft Corporation & they're planning one big facility at Zhukovsky AB near Moscow. I think they will still operate under the separate design bureaus & have common overall management. Seems to be the way the US has gone with all the amalgamations over the years, only really Boeing & Lockheed Martin making fighters now.