morgan aero sierra 100/200

Bristellal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Alcatam, did you buy one? I had a look at the Cougar as im after a 4 seat. Like to know what you think (if your still around after 1 post 1 year ago ;) )

Guest avi8tr

Personally I wouldn't touch one with a 50 ft pole. I'm happy to talk off-line about it with you, just PM me if you want to. Do some googling on the one that hit the Ferris Wheel and perhaps even check on the ATSB website and you'll start to realise what i am on about.

If you dont want to post, definitely pm me. I dont want anything with a bad track record. I was impressed with the ferris wheel structure though!

Guest avi8tr

What were you impressed with, the aircraft that hit the ferris wheel or the ferris wheel not falling over?

The ATSB report should clear things up for you!

Interesting to reread the report, apart from the issues with the aircraft, the ASTB seems to be pretty sloppy to release a report without confirming some pretty basic info. I remember at the time there was all the carry on about a dodgy school and an unreg plane, turned out it was just a some public servant not investigating properly, still I wouldn't bother with a Sierra myself.

Maybe the builder of the ferris wheel could do some consulting work with Morgan's aircraft!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I thought in this particular case that Morgan ARE the builder...... which is why it is alarming. I believe the factory built ones have all been reverted back to homebuilt rego now which speaks volumes if nothing else does.