New To This Not New To It

Griffinx2

Welcome, think I have met you several years ago at The Oaks?

Probably not me as i have only been flying from the Oaks for about a year, it was probably my old man who has the same story as me but he has been lurking around at The Oaks for a couple of years now. When the weather is good you will usually find one of us around there on weekends.

Welcome GRIFFOjr. I'm taking a punt here & going to say I think I know you. Not that that magnificent aircraft in your avatar gives much away. Zephyr's rule!

Welcome GRIFFOjr. I'm taking a punt here & going to say I think I know you. Not that that magnificent aircraft in your avatar gives much away. Zephyr's rule!

Dexter Ha Ha id say your punt would probably be fairly correct i figured i would put the jr bit in because the old man probably wont be far behind me. OH and Zephyr's DO RULE!!!

Guest David C

Welcome Griffo .... I fly out of The Oaks too . You must know Dave the CFI over there . I've been going over there off and on now for about 3 years or so , and love the friendship and general banter we all seem to engage in .. My Uncle Fred is often the centre of attraction over there with his Sonnerai , not so much flying antics more his " I could build one of those in a week " style of things . Hope to see you over there in the not too distant future . You can't miss me , just ask for Pommie Dave !!

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters
Welcome Griffo .... I fly out of The Oaks too . You must know Dave the CFI over there . I've been going over there off and on now for about 3 years or so , and love the friendship and general banter we all seem to engage in .. My Uncle Fred is often the centre of attraction over there with his Sonnerai , not so much flying antics more his " I could build one of those in a week " style of things . Hope to see you over there in the not too distant future . You can't miss me , just ask for Pommie Dave !!Dave C

Dave, I'm sure you been going alot more than 3 yrs mate. You were there with me back in the day and I have been in NZ 3yrs. Check your PM's...:)

I sure do know Dave and a couple of the other guys, myself or my oldman can usually be found burning up the strip with the odd "missed approach" in our little pride and joy the zephyr pictured. Ill keep an eye out for u

Welcome Griffo .... I fly out of The Oaks too . You must know Dave the CFI over there . I've been going over there off and on now for about 3 years or so , and love the friendship and general banter we all seem to engage in .. My Uncle Fred is often the centre of attraction over there with his Sonnerai , not so much flying antics more his " I could build one of those in a week " style of things . Hope to see you over there in the not too distant future . You can't miss me , just ask for Pommie Dave !!Dave.

Guest Darren Masters
I sure do know Dave and a couple of the other guys, myself or my oldman can usually be found burning up the strip with the odd "missed approach" in our little pride and joy the zephyr pictured. Ill keep an eye out for u

Yes, I'm sure I met your dad years ago and I have some photos somewhere...

Guest David C

Darren ... You are right . I just checked my logbook and would you believe it , it was 6 yrs ago that I had my first flight from The Oaks , in the Bantam I add.. how time flies hey , if you excuse the pun ..

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters
Darren ... You are right . I just checked my logbook and would you believe it , it was 6 yrs ago that I had my first flight from The Oaks , in the Bantam I add.. how time flies hey , if you excuse the pun ..Dave C

I knew it was a long time Dave and I do look forward to the catch up in a few weeks mate and getting out there again to see some old mates :)